About 8020 Media
8020 Media owns and operates a portfolio of digital assets. Our primary portfolio consists of three content sites within the automotive industry: bmwtuning.co, tuningpro.co, and dieseliq.com. We provide high quality, informational content relating to performance modifications, engine tuning, general repair and maintenance, and DIY related content.
Our first site was founded in 2017 and we have been growing our portfolio since then. We are a small company but are looking to accelerate our growth by adding multiple members to our team in 2022. As we continue to grow so will the career opportunities at 8020 Media. This is a great opportunity to get in early on a small but fast-growing company.
This job is fully remote but you must be a United States citizen and be considered a full-time resident. We are headquartered in Aurora, Colorado but you may be located anywhere in the United States with the exception of California and New York.
As a content writer, your primary responsibility will be generating high-quality, in-depth, and well researched automotive articles. Additionally, you will eventually be responsible for performing keyword research and developing your own content ideas. You will report to Zach, our Founder who manages our overall content strategy.
- Producing 20-22 high quality, well researched articles per month
- Average article length should be 1,500-2,000+ words depending on the topic
- Performing keyword research and developing new content ideas
- Prior experience writing automotive content (preferred, not required)
- Strong written communication skills and grammar
- Knowledge of keyword research and writing for SEO (preferred, not required)
- Experience with WordPress and Ahrefs (preferred, not required)
- Technical automotive knowledge including understanding of how an engine works and sufficient performance and tuning related knowledge
- Ability to work self-sufficiently in a virtual environment with little oversight
- Bachelors degree (preferred, not required)
We are willing to teach candidates the more technical requirements of the job such as writing for SEO and performing keyword research to generate content ideas. However, candidates must have very strong grammar and writing skills and have at least some decent technical automotive knowledge.
Candidates without any previous writing experience are better suited for our freelance to full-time program. Feel free to apply for the full-time position but note we might instead offer for you to participate in the freelance program.
Work Hours & Flexibility
We are a fully remote company and value flexibility. Prefer to work on the weekends? Or maybe at 2am at night? Only want to work 3 days a week? Go for it. We don’t govern your work hours, so long as you meet your post requirements we don’t care when you do it or where you do it.
This job realistically is 20-25 hours per week of work. It may be more in the first few months as you get the hang of researching and writing, but once you’ve got that down the hours this job takes should be pretty reasonable and favorable from a lifestyle perspective. Once you get the hang of it and become a seasoned writer, writing a 2,000 word post should take about 3-4 hours which equates to 15-20 hours per week if you write 5 articles per week. Then we expect generating new content ideas to take ~5 hours per week.
Annual salary: $50,000 + benefits
- Opportunity for annual bonus pending performance
- Annual raises
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- 100% work schedule flexibility
If you are interested in this job opportunity and fit the requirements, please submit your resume below. If you need help or have any questions you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.